Distilled SCH | Not disclosed | Full-time | Dublin, County Dublin, Ireland
Agile / Development / Communication / Leadership Skills / Web and Mobile Development
About Distilled SCH
Distilled SCH is the combined business of Irish owned Distilled Media Group and Schibsted Media Group from Oslo. Together we command leading positions in real estate, motors and general buy and sell with our hugely popular online marketplaces Daft.ie, DoneDeal.ie and Adverts.ie.
What’s the opportunity?
The Head of Product has responsibility for the success of the Distilled SCH Property organisation’s product portfolio and leadership of the product team.
The responsibility covers the strategic direction and future plan of the products as well as the day-to-day operations. The successful Head of Product ensures that the organisation has a deep understanding of our users and thereby focus our time on developing the right products.
The Head of Product leadership and operational management enables us to deliver the right products in a timely manner and with exceptional quality.
Job Description and Role Requirements
What will I be doing?
As the Head of Product you will:
- Understand customers, their needs and their behaviours
- Manage and develop the Product and Design Team
- Communicate with stakeholders and keep the company informed about product development
- Manage release roadmap of the main products for users and customers on desktop web, mobile web, Android app, and iPhone app
- Maintain and further develop the product development process
- Monitoring and analysing the product performance
- Be part of the Property business unit management team
What skills do I need?
- Exceptional leadership skills
- Experience from working in an agile environment
- Understanding of user research methodologies
- Web and app analytics skills
- Project management skills – experience with managing multiple projects in parallel
- Good communicator – make the complex seem simple
- Great knowledge of all aspects of web and mobile development
- Able to prioritise features and functionality, based on customer impact and business impact
- Takes great interest in market trends and development
- Visionary and natural motivator
Working with us
What’s it like to work here?
You will have the opportunity to work with one of Ireland’s fastest growing Internet companies. You will get the opportunity to make a significant contribution to our future direction. Projects are exciting and employees are given wide scope for creativity and innovation
Our company values give us a framework for leadership and daily decision making, they are what make us a great place to work. Although we hail from all walks of life and speak dozens of languages, our staff share and work towards a common goal and vision for the company. These values are the embodiment of how we as a company and individually behave and present ourselves both internally and externally for our colleagues, our users and our customers.
- We have a blackbelt mindset
- We like to simplify things
- We make things happen
- We collaborate across teams, business units and brands
- We’re passionate about what we do
- Competitive salary in a dynamic and innovative work environment
- We help you plan for your future by offering 5% contribution towards your pension
- Peace of mind with life assurance and fully paid healthcare
- Focused career development and progression opportunities
- If you’re cycling or commuting, we’ve got you covered with the Cycle-to-Work and TaxSaver schemes
- Running lessons with a dedicated trainer, right from our office
- English lessons for any newcomers to Ireland
- We have Friday treats and a monthly buffet breakfast supplied by Urban Picnic
- We celebrate your birthday with cake and successful probations with champagne!
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment you need to reach your potential
- A great central location in the heart of Dublin city centre
- Our biggest benefit is our friendly and talented people!