Balls.ie | Not disclosed | Full-time | Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
Management / Sports writing / Organisation and Planning
Balls Media is searching for a Weekend Editor for Balls.ie.
The person hired will be responsible for the site’s output at weekends, and will report to the Editor on weekdays.
We are looking for an experienced writer with an interest in sport and the personality that matches the output of Balls.ie.
That person must also be able to manage staff, organise content plans and be responsible for the delivery of targets, both generally and for specific campaigns.
We are also looking for someone who is to the forefront of the latest trends in online and social media and has an interest and a talent for audience development.
- Writing experience for a reputable publication
- Experience running Social Media accounts
- An understanding of the Social Media landscape and trends
- Experience and understanding of Google Analytics
- Ability to work weekends
- Knowledge and experience with SEO
- A keen interest and knowledge of sport, particularly GAA, football and rugby
- Online or newspaper editing experience
- Google analytics certification
- Being Sound
- Tea Drinker
- Content marketing experience
- Presenting experience
- Audience re-targeting and building history
- Attention to detail
- Willingness and ability to do on-air or on-camera work
- Experience in managing campaigns
- Experience in WordPress
- Knowledge of Facebook advertising and targeting
Bonus points for:
- A knowledge of video and audio editing