Managing multiple social media accounts can be a time-consuming nightmare.
If only there were a cheat sheet for navigating and mastering each platform’s subtleties.
Alas, the good people at MarketingProfs have shared an infographic that plots a course to success on six popular networks
The graphic offers an image sizing chart, keyboard shortcuts, advice for best times to post content and rundowns on new features for Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, LinkedIn and Pinterest. There are also projected trends for each network, including:
- The continued demise of organic reach on Facebook—except for live video
- More live broadcasts on Twitter and more robust anti-harassment technology
- An increased focus on reaching males on Pinterest
- More branded content on YouTube
- Explosive growth of Instagram’s Business Tools, which give brand managers access to analytics and let them create ads within Instagram’s app
- A new smartphone app for LinkedIn and possible changes to the platform due to Microsoft’s acquisition
The infographic closes with tips for writing effective social media headlines. Use numbers, strong modifiers and bold promises to create teasers such as “9 easy steps you can take right now to be more successful today” or “25 incredible Chilean hedgehogs you must look at this instant.”
Love it or loathe it, social media marketing has become essential for doing business. Keep the cheat sheet below close at hand as a guide to succeeding on each channel.