Distilled SCH | Not disclosed | Full-time | Dublin, County Dublin, Ireland
About the Role:
The Payments Strategic Planner is a key, hands on role in implementing the payments strategy across Daft.ie, DoneDeal.ie and Adverts.ie. The Payments Strategic Planner will work with the heads of motor, property and marketplaces along with the commercial and product teams in these verticals to help to identity payments solutions that resolve.
The Payments Strategic Planner’s duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Shaping the future of payments at Distilled SCH by defining a payments vision and strategy that aligns with the companies strategic direction and execute on it.
- Analysing customer needs, behaviours and attitudes in relation to payments pain points and translate this into a business recommendations on an on-going basis.
- Monitoring and assessing market trends and developments in payments innovation
- Responsible for prestudys that could act like decision making to support management team
- Identifying suppliers of fin-tech solutions, products and know-how required to solve payments problems for our customers
- Project management of payments development projects
- Working with product teams to build out new commercial initiatives
- Trend reports and market research
- Working together with the data analytics team to understand and leverage data
- Optimisation projects such as A/B testing, pricing studies etc.
- Building business cases to support new business development
- Support innovation process, facilitate workshops
- Responsible for ensuring well-defined operational process for the feature: monitoring of performance and feedback loop through analytics.
- A proven track record of payments business development within the digital or online industry
- A strong analytical mindset
- An in-depth understanding of the digital and mobile payments market and of current and emerging payment schemes and technologies
- Strategic thinking and capacity, experience from strategy projects
- A problem solver with passion for innovation & finding new solutions based on
- insight & data
- Strong knowledge in how to build and present business cases
- Project management skills, experience with managing multiple projects in parallel
- Experience with market research and insight
- Genuine interest in rapid development of online consumer products
- Basic understanding of web & mobile technology
- Good communicator – make the complex seem simple
- Leadership ambition (previous experience from managing a small team is a bonus)
- Proven track record in leading the delivery of highly available, scalable systems on time
- An attractive salary and benefits package
- A career development path and plan
- A great central Dublin location
- The opportunity to work with one of Irelands largest Internet companies
- A fast-paced, challenging and fun working environment
- You will be given a chance to make a significant contribution to our future direction.
- The chance to make a lasting difference