Jameson International Graduate Programm
Simmonscourt House, Simmonscourt Rd
The Jameson International Graduate Programme offers candidates the opportunity to work as a Jameson International Brand Ambassador in an international market. As a Jameson Brand Ambassador, you will kick start your career and hone your commercial instincts on a global stage, working for the world’s bestselling Irish whiskey brand abroad. For many it will be the first step on a lifelong journey within Pernod Ricard.
Following 4-weeks of training in our head office in Dublin, you will travel to a foreign market and work across a wide range of marketing activities such as brand activation, event planning, promotions, education, mentoring and sales & marketing. You’ll work with your foreign based Jameson team and off your own initiative, and be on first name terms with bartenders, distributors and event organisers.
There are five key areas to the role of Brand Ambassador:
- Brand Education
- Brand Activation
- Building Relationships with trade, consumers and key influencers
- PR/Event Support
- Supporting local Jameson Brand & Sales Team
Each market has its own challenges but you can expect the following to be on your ‘to do’ list:
- Convert 25-35 year olds to the Jameson way of life through trial, market research and local media channels.
- Help plan, strategize and initiate marketing opportunities to make Jameson a lifestyle choice for urban trendsetters the world over
- Being a social media mogul, blogging and posting updates about your progress
- Conduct tasting sessions with targeted consumer groups & influence the big players in the market, from the main distributors to barmen & loyal brand advocates
- Support your local brand team in all their market activations
- Research what the competitors are up to
- Immerse yourself into the culture and be our ear to the ground.
With 90 Brand Ambassadors in 46 international markets from Spain to Belgium, China to Japan, our graduates live exciting, varied lives. Just check out a ‘Day in the Life’ of Jamie Rath, UCD graduate who spent his first 12-month rotation on our 3-year programme in Bangalore. His second rotation took him to the US, the biggest market for Jameson globally. Jamie is part of a team of 12 Brand Ambassadors based in the US. Here is a glimpse into Jamie’s #JamesonGradLife in Boston
To prove you have what it takes to be a Jameson Brand Ambassador you’ll also tick these boxes:
- You have a full clean driver’s licence
- You’re a creative and highly enthusiastic self-starter
- You have strong business acumen
- You’re independent, self-motivated and can work off your own initiative
- You’re fluent in Russian
- You have a strong desire and passion for brand marketing and sales
- You’re outgoing, confident and an excellent communicator
- You’re willing and able to adapt to new countries, cultures and situations
- You have a positive, can do attitude
- You’re a hard worker
- You embody the Jameson personality traits of wit, charm and charisma
- You’re driven to succeed
Last year 69% of our graduates moved to permanent post programme roles within Irish Distillers or the wider Pernod Ricard network globally. Some moved into marketing roles, others into sales roles, while others continued their journey as whiskey experts. Take a look at Hannah’s Jameson Career Journey below
From a competitive salary to top-class training & development, there are lots of perks on the Jameson International Graduate Programme. Take a look for yourself!
What We Offer?
The Jameson International Graduate Programme offers an initial 13-month contract; including one-month training in Irish Distillers Head Office, Ballsbridge, Dublin. For those who perform strongly over this period there is an option for a second and a third 12-month contract. You will receive a competitive graduate salary, a company phone and laptop as well as flights to and from your assigned market
The Jameson International Graduate Programme is unique; therefore, we look for exceptional candidates. Applications close at 1pm on Wednesday 17th so apply today!
Who Are Irish Distillers and Why Work for Us?
Irish Distillers is part of Pernod Ricard and oversee the production, marketing and distribution of a number of Pernod Ricard brands including Jameson.
As brand guardians for Jameson, the world’s bestselling Irish whiskey, we look after every stage of the process from our distilleries in Cork and Dublin to our marketing and strategic head office in Ballsbridge and our distribution network worldwide.
Over 500 enthusiastic, passionate and hardworking people make up Irish Distillers. We’re an eclectic bunch with many different talents from many different backgrounds and one unifying passion; our dedication to the brands of Pernod Ricard.
Why Work for Us?
Irish Distillers is an equal opportunities employer where all careers have the potential to reach to the very top of the Pernod Ricard Group. We pride ourselves on our exceptional career progression with many of our 500+ staff having started out on the Jameson Graduate Programme.
Click HERE to apply for this role.