By Scott Ayres
Full Episode Details:
Which is Better: Facebook or Google Re-Targeting Ads?
Can Google Display Network convert website visitors into customers better than Facebook?
This is something we really wanted try out and test in the Social Media Lab.
In This Episode:
- What the heck is Google Display Network (GDN)?
- Explanation of Facebook re-targeting ads
- How we setup the experiment
- What the data says about re-targeting ads
- Our conclusion based on the data
Quotes in This Episode:
“Google Display Network is a network with over 2 million, and counting, websites that Google serves ads on.. letting us target those visitors by interest and activity.” – Michael Angiletta
“Well I guess we have an obvious winner here, and that winner is… ??” – Richard Beeson
- Full experiment with details of the data an how we tested
- Google Adwords commentary on GDN
- Some insight on Facebook re-targeting
What Is The Social Media Lab?
The Social Media Lab is a project powered by Agorapulse dedicated to spending $15,000 per month to bust the myths, rumors and stories related to social media marketing.
We’ll test mainly organic reach, but also will run paid experiments.
The experiments are conducted by myself, Scott Ayres, and Jason How.
We typically publish 1 blog post and podcast per week.
The podcast is co-hosted by Richard Beeson and myself.