Sourced from Alison Wolf.
Getting organic traffic to your website firstly takes time and patience to do. You will NOT get any overnight success with this!
By being consistent and having a long term strategy, you can start to see you ranking on the search engines and have more traffic to your website.
Top two strategies to driving traffic to your website are:
1. Social Media Marketing
2. Content Marketing
Here I will dive into how both tips can work for you and what steps you should be taking.
Social Media Marketing
Social media is a popular way of targeting specific groups of people. But it is also a way of truly engaging with them and turn them into high-quality leads.
When it comes to using social media, unless you are a large business with large teams of staff, only stick to 1 or 2 platforms and dominate them.
Every platform is targeted to different segments of society, so you need to be strategic in choosing which platform is best for you.
– Facebook Targeted towards B2C and generation Y and older (so people born no later than the mid-1990s)
– Twitter Used by a whole variety of different segments of society. Though some businesses will find Twitter more useful than others. To find out if Twitter is a good path for you to take, look at your direct competitors and your target market.
– Instagram A mainly visual platform that is mainly used by Millennials. As a business, you can take advantage of this by using ‘influencers‘ to market your product.
– Pinterest Another mainly visual platform, where you can post a picture that gets redirected to your website. Pinterest is also great for SEO, as Google images show Pinterest images.
– LinkedIn The ultimate B2B platform, where businesses are networking with businesses. If you are in the B2B industry then LinkedIn is the only platform you should be taking advantage of.
Don’t know where to start?
Content is all about creating content for your target market that they will love and want to use you as their go-to resource, then eventually buying from you. The biggest trick to content marketing is to stay consistent, give value and be useful!
Here is a little guide to how you CAN do content marketing in your business.
– Keyword Research
Keyword research is a must done starting point for any content creator. To do keyword research effectively look at Facebook groups and forums with your target market in and look at what the hot topic of discussion is.
– Blog or Vlog Regularly
Blogging or vlogging (video blog) regularly then you will start to attract regular visitors to your website. Make sure you optimize your blog or vlog with specific keywords (in the vlog description).
– Optimize Your Meta Description
Meta descriptions are the small piece of text under the site title on Google search results. Adding the keyword in the meta description so that you rank higher for the keyword. Using a tool such as Yoast SEO (a WordPress Plugin) will help you to do this effortlessly.
– Linking (internal and external) To Create A Structure
What Google loves the most is when websites have a structure. Google wants to see you linking to other pages or posts within your website. Also, Google wants to see you linking out to other websites. Using external websites to back up what you are saying in your post or an affiliate link is the normal method to do external links.
Those are my top 2 tips for driving more traffic to your website. If you have enjoyed this post then please share it on social media or comment below.
Looking for a blog writer in the B2B niche, then send me a message by clicking here