Groupon provides a global marketplace where people can buy just about anything, anywhere, anytime.
We’re enabling real-time commerce across an expanding range of categories including local businesses, travel destinations, consumer products, and live or lively events. At the same time, we are providing advertising options and tools that merchants can use to grow and manage their businesses. Culturally, we believe that great people make great companies and that starting with the customer and working backward moves us forward.
We are looking for an expert in Paid Marketing to lead our International markets. You will have experience managing / optimizing performance marketing campaigns, building and leading a team, and partnering with analytics and engineers to scale these efforts through automation. You are a marketer and a leader of teams who’s particularly energized by performance marketing, growing efficiently and looking for new areas to optimize. If this sounds like you, please reach out to us.
- Manage all aspects of Paid Marketing for our International businesses, including strategy, forecasting, and technology.
- Develop the strategic roadmap for paid marketing and SEO while partnering on overall multi-channel strategy
- Collaborate with engineering and product to drive automation for the channels
- Build and optimize Paid marketing campaigns for specific KPIs
- Create and manage relationships with internal and external partners (cross functional teams and external teams)
- Integrate and align the channels into a unique customer centric approach.
- Establish and track key performance indicators and other supporting metrics to measure digital marketing effectiveness and ROI
- Champion analytical insights and dashboards that demonstrate the specific value of digital platforms and channels
- Manage the digital marketing budget and create compelling business cases for future investment
- Lead, develop and manage the internal SEM, SEO, Display and Affiliates teams
- Partner with cross functional Ad Tech team to build automation, optimization, and scalable tools for the online marketing team
- Champion excellence within online marketing team and our cross functional partners
Who you are:
- Minimum of 10+ years of work experience in a global organization as a Digital Marketing or business leader, including the strategic management and hands on execution of Display, SEM, SEO and Affiliates, and other digital advertising platforms
- At least 5-7 years of people management experience, excellent leadership skills with the confidence to lead, manage and engage team members (both direct and indirect reports)
- BS degree in Business, Economics, Math, Engineering, Statistics or related field preferred. Masters degree is a strong plus
- Expert in online advertising management and budget optimization
- Strong ability to manage external vendors and agency partners
- Ability to synthesize data and analytics from a wide variety of sources into concise, actionable insights and recommendations
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams and influence decision making across all levels of the organization
- Strong ability to develop and implement plans while continuously monitoring results and implementing continuous improvement methodologies
- Innate ability to stay in tune with and take advantage of emerging technology trends and platforms within web/digital marketing